The cancellation depicts the Tangassery Point Lighthouse in the city of Kollam in Kerala. The Lighthouse was built in the year 1902. This lighthouse acted as an outpost during Portuguese, Dutch and British rules. The lighthouse stands on the land near the fort of Kollam.
The Tangassery Lighthouse:
- Tower is CIRCULAR Masonary
- Colour scheme of the LIGHT is WHITE
- Light character is 3 (THREE) FLASHES every 15 seconds
- ELEVATION is around 42 metres
- Painted with RED and WHITE DIAGONAL bands
- Located in the COCHIN District of Indian Lighthouse & Lightship Directorate