The cancellation is of Cochin Lighthouse. The Lighthouse is situated on Vypin Island near Cochin. The Lighthouse was built by British in the 1830s. The original lighthouse was replaced in 1920, and then in 1936.
The Cochin Lighthouse:
- Tower is Circular Double Shell Concrete
- Colour scheme of the LIGHT is WHITE
- Light character is 4 (FOUR) FLASHES every 20 seconds
- ELEVATION is around 49 metres
- Painted with RED and WHITE HORIZONTAL bands
- Located in the COCHIN District of Indian Lighthouse & Lightship Directorate