India celebrated the centenary of one of its Lighthouse in the year 1985 and it is the Minicoy Lighthouse. The Lighthouse is located in the Minicoy Island.
The Minicoy Island is the Southern most Island of Lakshadweep which is located in Arabian Sea of Indian Western Coast Line.
A Commemorative Stamp of Re.1 denomination on 2nd February 1985 was released by India Post to mark the occasion of the 100 Years of Minicoy Lighthouse. This stamp is released in the theme - LIGHTHOUSE.
The Minicoy Lighthouse:
- Tower is Tapering CIRCULAR shape
- Colour Scheme of the LIGHT is WHITE
- Light Character is FLASH WHITE every 15 seconds
- ELEVATION is around 45 metres
- Located in the WESTERN COASTAL LINE of India