Warnemunde Lighthouse is a best known landmarks of the Rostack area. The lighthouse is located in a public square in the downtown Warnemunde from the west bank of the river Warnow.
The Lighthouse can be climbed by a spiral staircase. Upto 1978, the Lighthouse was watched by a Lighthouse keeper. Now, the service is centralized and managed by Sea traffic control centre.
Germany commemorated the Warnemunde Lighthouse by the release of :
1. 15 Pf - Pfennig stamp on 7-May-1974 and
2. 45 Euro Cent stamp on 3-Jul-2008
Built in the year 1898, the Warnemunde Lighthouse: