The Mulo Lighthouse is located on a tiny island about 5 km South-West of Rogoznica. Mulo from North is surrounded by several islets and shoals that were also the reason for building the Lighthouse. The strong beam of light from the Lighthouse, caused the night traffic in the Adrian Sea to move further to the South, into a safer corridor, away from once perilous shoals and cliffs.
The mole was built on the North coast and is thus sheltered from South winds. When Bora (a Northern to North-Eastern Wind in the Adriatic Sea) started to blow, the lighthouse keepers used to lift the boat into the storehouse.
The last of Lighthouse keeper retired in 1999. Now, the Lighthouse is deserted with empty building.
Croatian Post commemorated the Mulo Lighthouse by the release of 3.10 kn (Croatian currency kuna) postage stamp on 18-Oct-2011.
Built in 1873, the Mulo Lighthouse:
- Tower is OCTAGONAL stone
- Tower attached to a 2-storey Keeper's house
- Tower is UNPAINTED
- Lantern is painted WHITE
- Height is 18 meters
- Colour scheme of LIGHT is WHITE
- Light character is a FLASH every 5 seconds
- Lighthouse is accessible only by boat