Lin'gao Lighthouse was built in 1894 in the North-West end of Hainan Island. The Lighthouse was very important, marking the route from Qiongzhou Strait to North Ban and South-East Asia. The Lighthouse is made of steel.
This is one of the Chinese Lighthouse which was elected as Historical Lighthouse(s) of the World by the International Association of Maritime Airs to Navigation and Lighthouse Authorities in 1997.
China commemorated the Lingao Lighthouse by the release of 80f stamp on 18-May-2002.
Built in 1893, the Lin'gao Lighthouse:
- Tower is HEXAGONAL PYRAMIDAL skeletal
- Tower is with lantern, gallery and central cylinder
- Tower is painted RED and WHITE HORIZONTAL bands
- Height is 21 meters
- Colour scheme of LIGHT is WHITE
- Light character is 3 (three) FLASHES followed by one longer WHITE flash every 27 seconds