The St. Nicholas Lighthouse is one of the smallest Adriatic Lighthouse(s). It is located on the biggest Dalmatian Island of Brač and in the Central part of the North coast of the Island. The Lighthouse was built of the proximity of the quarry of Brac.
Initially, it was planned to built a huge stone Lighthouse, but due to the non-availability of workers, in 1882, a relatively smallest lighthouse was erected. But, the strong Light lenses and the resulting light beam, guides the sailing ships to Pucisca.
The Lighthouse was automated in 1990s and since then only voyagers drop by. Many tourists who spend their summer in Pucisca are not aware of this building - a valuable, cultural and historical monument at the outer promontory of the bay. The light of St. Nicholas marks the only safe refuge to every day greater number of yachtsmen who cruise along the Northern coast of the Island of Brac.
The St. Nicholas Lighthouse was commemorated by Croatian Post with the release of 7.10 HRK (Croatian Kuna) stamp on 31-May-2012.
Built in 1882, the St. Nicholas Lighthouse:
- Tower is SQUARE CYLINDRICAL stone
- Tower is PAINTED WHITE
- Height is 11 metres
- Colour scheme of LIGHT is WHITE
- Light character is a FLASH every 5 seconds