Kavringen Lighthouse is located in the inner harbour of Oslo, between Hovedoya and Filipstad container terminal. The Lighthouse is visible from the harbour of Oslo. Lighthouse is accessible only by boat. The Lighthouse guides vessels in the region Hovedoya, Vippetangen and into Bjorvika.
In 1890, when DS Norge ran aground on the Kavringen skerries, it was felt to have to better lighting to the western approach. This led to the construction of the Kavringen Lighthouse in 1892.
Kavringen Lighthouse was commemorated by Norway Post in its Norwegian Lighthouse Series-III with the release of a domestic / inland stamp on 15-Jun-2012. The First vertical stamp released in this Norwegian Lighthouse Series.
Built in the year 1892, the KAVRINGEN Lighthouse: