The Lindesnes Lighthouse is one of the Norway's best known and most historic lighthouse(s) located at the Southermost point of the mainland Ness. The Lighthouse marks the entrance to the Baltic Sea from the North Sea. The Lighthouse was established in 1655, but soon abandoned and only lit again in 1725.
The Lighthouse has a visual and functional connection with Markoy Lighthouse was lit at the same to avoid confusion with Skagen Lighthouse in Denmark. In 1822, the Lighthouse was listed a closed. A new light was installed in 1854. The Lighthouse was automated in 2003. Cultural remains from the World War II helps to underline the strategic importance of the lighthouse.
The Lindesnes Lighthouse is pictured in the Postmark released by Norway Post.
Built in the year 1656, the LINDESNES Lighthouse: