The Tang Lung Chau Lighthouse is one of the five surviving pre-war Lighthouses in Hong Kong. The Lighthouse is located on the highest point of the Lantau Island. The Lighthouse is now unmanned and automated. The Lighthouse was declared a Monument in 2000.
The Lighthouse guides vessels in Ma Wan, the Bay separating Lantau Island and the mainland. The Tang Lung Chau is a small island off the East end of Lantau. The Lighthouse can be accessed only by boat.
Hong Kong Post commemorated the Tang Lung Chau Lighthouse by the release of:
(1) $5 stamp on 20-Sep-2007 in its special set of Stamps on "Declared Monuments in Hong Kong" and
(2) $3 stamp on 29-Dec-2010 in its special set of Stamps on "Lighthouses of Hong Kong"
Built in 1912, the Tang Lung Chau Lighthouse:
- Tower is SQUARE steel skeletal
- Lighthouse is painted WHITE
- Height is 12 meters
- Colour scheme of LIGHT is WHITE
- Light character is a FLASH every 5 seconds