The Port-of-Spain Lighthouse was built at the base of the St. Vincent Jetty. As the shoreline has been extended, the purpose of the light has been lost. The Lighthouse was located on South Quay Drive in downtown Port-of-Spain, the capital of Trinidad and Tobago.
In 2005, the Lighthouse was repainted in a colorful pattern honoring Trinidad and Tobago's World Cup Soccer team. In 2006, again, the Lighthouse was painted to publicize the Cricket World Cup played in Trinidad in 2007.
Trinidad and Tobago Post commemorated the Port-of-Spain Lighthouse by the release of $1.00 stamp depicting the Lighthouse in its original context and $4.50 stamp depicting the Lighthouse in its recent form on 2003
Built in 1880, the Port-of-Spain Lighthouse:
- Tower is HEXAGONAL
- Lantern is at the top of the Tower
- Gallery is in the middle of the Tower
- Tower is painted WHITE with RED & BLACK trim
- Height is 20 meters