Kadalur Point Lighthouse was established on 20th October 1909. This is to mark the submerged rock "Vellayam Kallu". For the last 100 years, the Kadalur Point Lighthouse is serving the seafarers.
To commemorate the Centenary Celebrations, a Special Cover with a Picture cancellation was released on 20th October 2009 by the Kerala Postal Circle.
Built in the year 1909, the KADALUR POINT Lighthouse:
- Tower is CIRCULAR made of Stone
- Tower is with BLACK & WHITE Bands
- Height is around 34 meters
- Color scheme of the LIGHT is WHITE
- LIGHT character is FLASH every 5 seconds