The Lighthouse was built by the South African Government during their Administration of Walvis Bay Territory. After the independence of Namibia in the year 1990, the Pelican Point is under the control of Namibian Government.
One of the naturally protected harbor on the South-West African Coast, the Lighthouse was commemorated by the Republic of South Africa with the release of stamp on 9-Jun-1988.
The Pelican Point Lighthouse was commemorated by the Namibian Post on 18-Jun-2010.
Built in the year 1932, the PELICAN POINT Lighthouse:
- Tower is CIRCULAR cast iron
- Tower is painted with BLACK and WHITE HORIZONTAL Bands
- Lantern is painted with RED
- Height is 35 meters
- Colour scheme of the LIGHT is WHITE
- LIGHT character is 3 (Three) FLASHES seperated by 3.6 sec. every 20 seconds