Wollongong Breakwater Lighthouse, also known as Wollongong Harbour Lighthouse, is a historic Lighthouse located at the end of the breakwater on the South-East side of Wollongong Harbour.
Wollongong is the only place in the East of Australia to have two Lighthouses located in close proximity of each other, the other being Wollongong Head Lighthouse.
The Lighthouse is seriously deteriorated in 1978 and later on was restored in 2000-02. This Lighthouse is no longer used and is listed an Official Heritage Building.
The Wollongong Breakwater Lighthouse affectionately known as Old Wollongong Lighthouse by the locals was built in 1871. The WOLLONGONG BREAKWATER Lighthouse:
- Height is 12 meters
- Lighthouse is INACTIVE since 1974