The Castillo del Morro Lighthouse was built on the ramparts of the El Morro Castle. This Lighthouse was by far the Cuba's best known Lighthouse. The Lighthouse was located on the east side of the very narrow entrance to Havana Harbour.
The stamp was released on 17-Jan-1949 to commemorate the Centenary of the del Morro Lighthouse of Cuba.
Built in the year 1845, the del MORRO Lighthouse:
- Tower is CIRCULAR masonry
- Tower is UNPAINTED
- Height is 25 meters
- Colour scheme of the LIGHT is WHITE
- LIGHT character is 2 (Two) FLASHES every 15 seconds