South Point Lighthouse is a lighthouse located in the South of Barbados. It is the oldest lighthouse in Barbados. It was brought to Barbados in 1852, one year after being shown at London’s Great Exhibition, and reassembled on the Southernmost point of the island.
The lighthouse is now considered to be more of a national landmark and tourist attraction.
To commemorate the Lighthouse, the stamp was released on 17-Nov-1972 and the lighthouse has been depicted on the reverse of a 5 Cent coin.
Built in the year 1852, the SOUTH POINT Lighthouse:
- Tower is CIRCULAR cast iron
- Tower is painted with RED and WHITE HORIZONTAL Bands
- Height is 44 meters
- Colour scheme of the LIGHT is WHITE
- LIGHT character is 3 (Three) FLASHES every 30 seconds