Detroit River Lighthouse marks the Southern End of the Detroit River where Lake Erie enters the river. Great Lakes traffic moves North along the river, through Lake St.Clair and then into Lake Huron. The Lighthouse played an important role in the development of Shipping and Transportation between Lake Huron and Lake Erie.
The Lighthouse was automated in 1979 and is maintained by the Coast Guard.
Built in the year 1885, The DETROIT RIVER Lighthouse:
- Height is 49 foot