Swakopmund is a city on the coast of North-Western Namibia. The city is an example of German colonial Architecture.
The Swakopmund Lighthouse was commemorated by the Namibian Post with the release of stamp on 18-Jun-2010.
Built in the year 1903, the SWAKOPMUND Lighthouse:
- Tower is CIRCULAR
- Tower is painted with RED and WHITE HORIZONTAL Bands
- Lower section of the Tower is UNPAINTED brick
- Lower section is the Original Lighthouse built in 1902, the Upper section is added in 1910
- Height is 35 meters
- Colour scheme of the LIGHT is WHITE
- LIGHT character is 2 (Two) FLASHES seperated by 2.3 sec. every 10 seconds